What is a QR Code?Home
QR Codes are matrix type codes developed to accomplish three primary goals:
- fast, muti-directional scanning
- achieve high capacity storage within a small area
- portable information at your fingertips
How do they work?
QR codes can be read by the camera in most mobile phones. Once they are scanned, software deciphers the encrypted information and initiates a response. This response can involve either directing the phone to a website, providing the user with iintegrated data stored within the code or documenting an event. In any case, it eliminates the need to search for content and provides direct access to information.
What is it used for?
- Business cards
- Social networking (Facebook , Twitter, etc.)
- Campaign tracking
- File access
- Logistics/parts tracking
- Reminders/updates the possibilities are endless.
In fact, Louis Vuitton & Takashi Murakami have created a designer QR code just for the beauty of it!
In a nutshell
- QR Codes can hold over 200 times the data of a regular bar code and have over 30 fold increase in recording density
- 360 degree multidirectional, high speed reading - no need to align the reader to the code, simply point and scan
- Dirt and damage resistant - data redundancy ensures that the code can be read if part of the code is missing or damaged
- Warp resistance - code can be placed on a curved or warped surface
- Encode different language format - supports other languages character sets such as Japanese, Chinese, etc.
- High capacity space saving printing using less space, less ink and less intrusion for marketing space
- Linking function - one QR Code can be divided into 12 QR Codes
How much does it cost?
The actual scanning function costs nothing however, since some codes have a web link to prompt mobile browsing you will need to confirm access cost with your internet provider.
DENSO has recently released the Security QR Code (SQRC). Any QR Code enabled device can read QR Codes therefore SQRCs were developed to meet the growing demands for the secure transportation of data with the product. Confidential information is code key encrypted and combined in the QR Code. This means that the QR code can still be read by general readers, but the encrypted data is protected and only accessible using a special reading device with the same SQRC code key.
Not just for phones:
As the developers of QR Code, DENSO data capture solutions format is best equipped to get the most out of your QR Codes. They have faster, more accurate scanning rates and are known throughout the industry for their quality and durability. Ask DENSO which solution is best for your application.